School of Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering,
Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST),
Ulsan 689-798, Republic of Korea.
Office: EB5(Bldg 112) Room 701-8
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA, 2005.
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 1998.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 1996.
- Associate professor, UNIST (Mar. 2014 ~ present)
- Assistant professor, UNIST (Nov. 2009 ~ Feb. 2014)
- Post doctoral researcher, Sandia National Laboratories (Feb. 2006 ~ Oct. 2009)
- Graduate Student Research Assistant, University of Michigan (Jan. 2002 ~ Dec. 2005)
- Instructor of the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Republic of Korea Naval Academy (Jul. 1998~Jun. 2001)
- Development of Gas Turbine Combustor
- Combustion instability in liquid kerosene rocket engine
- Diffusive-thermal instability of opposed nonpremixed tubular flames
- Monte Carlo simulations (MCS) of deposit patterns in evaporating droplets
- Characteristic boundary conditions for open boundaries of lattice Boltzmann methods (LBM)
- Stabilization mechanisms of turbulent hydrogen/air lifted flames in heated coflow near auto-ignition limit.
- The effects of thermal stratification and turbulence on the ignition characteristics of a lean n-heptane/air, iso-octane/air, and primary reference fuel (PRF)/air mixtures under homogeneous charge compress ignition (HCCI) conditions.
- Dynamics of turbulent hydrogen/air premixed flames over a backward-facing step and a sudden expansion nozzle.
The Combustion Institute
Americal Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
The Korean Society of Combustion (KOSCO)
The Korean Society of Automative Engineers (KSAE)
The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers (KSME)
Awards & Honors
- Best Research Award, The Korean Society of Combustion (KOSCO), Nov. 2016.
- The Young Investigator Prize, Asia-Pacific Conference on Combustion, July 2015.
- Outstanding Performance Award, UNIST, June 2014.
- 2009 US DOE SciDAC’s OSCAR Awards for Top Scientific Visualization (“Visualization of 3D turbulent lifted ethylene jet flame in highly-heated coflow” was produced by Hongfeng Yu and Ray W. Grout and the simulation was performed by Chun Sang Yoo, Ed Richardson, Ramanan Sankaran, Jacqueline H. Chen, 2009)
Referee & Reviewer
- Combustion and Flame, Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, Fuel, Energy, Combustion Science and Technology, Combustion Theory and Modelling, AIAA Journal, Energy and Fuels, Chemical Engineering Science, Flow Turbulence and Combustion, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Journal of Automobile Engineering, Journal of Hazardous Materials, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology
Programme Committee Member/Organizer
- 36th International Symposium on Combustion (Work-In-Progress Poster session co-chair), Seoul, Korea, 08/2016
- 9th Asia-Pacific Conference on Combustion (Organizing Committee), Gyeongju, Korea, 05/2013
Google Citations: http://scholar.google.co.kr/citations?user=8C5zRU8AAAAJ&hl=en